What You Get with Me
- Continued Commitment to Show up Prepared: read materials, ask questions, and speak to issues.
- Fairness: Open to hearing all sides of an issue, working with labor unions, and being an equal voice of the residents of all of Salinas.
- Strong, Smart Leadership: Understanding that relationships with other electeds keeps the city moving forward.
- Professionalism and Community Involvement: I’ll show up to events, engage the community, and I have a proven track record of rolling up my sleeves and working.
- Collaboration: The County of Monterey & the City of Salinas must continue to work well together to address the greater needs of our residents—homelessness, road repair, and economic recovery.
Who I am
Salinas Mayor (2020-2022)
Salinas City Councilwoman (2010-2018) North Salinas – District 5
Lifelong Monterey County resident
Naval Postgraduate School grad with a master’s degree in Homeland Security Studies
Girlfriend to Bobby
Daughter to Jeff and Carolyn
Sister to Danny
Dog Mom to Lucy the Corgi
Former Roller Derby girl (Monterey Bay Derby Dames)
Rodeo Committee member
Salinas Chamber Children’s Shopping Tour Director
Economic Recovery – COVID has devastated both our small and large businesses.
During COVID, I led the charge to provide free information and webinars to over 2000 small businesses in Monterey County. As a Councilwoman, I worked to bring business to North Salinas, and during my time on council assisted developers in bringing Dicks Sporting Goods, BJ’s Brewery, Chipotle, H&M, Lowe’s and others to local shopping centers. I’m committed to ensuring the City provides dedicated resources to our business owners who have been hit hard from the pandemic.
Traffic/road repair – Traffic impacts and other areas affected by increased development. All areas of Salinas have infrastructure issues and potholes that must be addressed.
Homelessness/encampments – Continue the partnership to encourage unhoused residents to utilize the resources (shelter, transitional housing, and case management) provided by the City of Salinas and County, work to minimize illegal dumping